Welcome to this Exclusive & First edition of Tech Gentlemen where you will be learning how to create and setup your WordPress blog. This guide is exclusively for new bloggers who want to set up their blog on the WordPress platform.
For existing WordPress bloggers, I have also listed some pro tips that you should start implementing right now to make your WordPress blog more professional.
This WordPress guide will show you the following things:
- How to Buy Web-Hosting & a Domain Name for your WordPress blog.
- Essential things to setup after installing WordPress.
- Things that you need to do Immediately after the initial WordPress configuration (Step by step tutorials with pictures).
- WordPress plugins that you need to install and how to set them up.
- Pro tips to make your WordPress blog grow faster.
- Essential SEO of your WordPress blog.
You can have your WordPress blog up and running in the next 10 minutes.
Creating your WordPress blog (First step)
The first thing that you need to do to create a WordPress blog is to buy web hosting and a domain name.
- Web-hosting is where your files are stored.
- The domain is the name of your blog.
You can buy hosting from Bluehost, which comes with a free domain and costs only $5.95/month for unlimited hosting space and bandwidth (with the discount link below).
This process will take 5 minutes. Click on the below link and get a hosting package now.
- Sign up for Bluehost (Exclusive discount + free domain name)
The next thing you need to do is install the WordPress blog onto your domain name. This process will take another 5 minutes.
Now you have your WordPress blog ready. You just need to make a few changes such as setting up permalinks, updating the ping list, setting up discussion settings, etc. Don’t worry; it’s not technical, and you can quickly do it with the help of the guide below:
Good job on getting this far! Your blog is now up and running.
A few things to learn before moving to the next level:
Here are a few more things that you need to learn before moving to the next level. This will help you to go through everything quicker and without getting stuck anywhere in between.
Use these guides as your reference:
With all of the above steps completed, you have graduated from newbie to beginner!
Now it’s time to pimp up your blog with some important things. Here they are:
- Burn your blog feed using Feedburner (This will allow your readers to subscribe to your blog via RSS feed or email updates.)
- Adding Google Analytics to your WordPress blog (This is important as it’s here that you will be able to see how much traffic you are getting and where it’s all coming from.)
- Set up Google tag manager (This is a little bit of a pro-tip, but you should read it and implement it right now. This will help you to manage all tags, including the Google Analytics tag, from one place.)
- Update WordPress ping list (Go to this post and copy/paste the list as guided. This will help you to get more traffic to your blog.)
WordPress SEO: From Beginner to Intermediate Level
Welcome to the next level!
These steps are going to create the biggest difference for your WordPress blog.
You will need about one hour to understand everything here. If you have been learning and implementing everything continuously thus far, take a break! Come back with a fresh mind as you will be learning the things that will make you stand apart from other bloggers.
- A DIY guide for WordPress Blog SEO
- How to SEO optimize individual posts in WordPress
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Google webmaster tool
- How to submit your blog sitemap to Bing
WordPress Pro Tips:
As promised, here are some tips for those WordPress bloggers who have been using WordPress for a long time and want to learn some advanced tips.
- How to reduce database size of your WordPress blog
- WP link Status plugin:
- This plugin will find all broken links (internally and externally) and quickly fix them.
Do let us know if you want to add any specific WordPress topics into this WordPress Guide.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for more helpful tips, insights, and guides!